These websites include (non-exhaustive list):
We are committed to ensuring that our visitor’s privacy is safeguarded and protected. Any information provided, or required by us to deliver information about a requested service, will be handled in accordance with this privacy statement.
For any questions relating to your privacy, you should contact:
Royal Lancaster London, Lancaster Terrace, London, W12 2TY.
What we collect
It may be necessary for Royal Lancaster to collect the following information in order to provide replies for requested services:
- Your name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- To use your information (from time to time) to contact you for market research purposes (this may be carried out by email, phone, fax or mail), and to customise the website based on your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that a web-server can place on your computer’s hard drive. They are used to personlise a web-users experience, and to gather information about the visitor which can then be used in statistical programs to understand and improve the web-service further.
How we use them
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it better to your needs. We use this information for statistical purposes and as part of specialized online marketing campaigns.
Cookie types & their function
The following section provides information on the types of cookie that are set by the 3rd party services that users of the Royal Lancaster website will be exposed to during their visit. This policy will be updated periodically to reflect any significant changes that have been made to these cookies by the 3rd parties, to ensure that our visitors have as complete a control as possible, to attend and manage their privacy settings when browsing the Royal Lancaster website. We have also provided links to the cookie providers so you may find out more information about the cookies, should this policy not answer all your privacy concerns.
Service that provides Royal Lancaster with information about their website visitors.
- Domain in use
- User session
- Past user sessions
- Referrer information
Behavioural advertising service provided by Google that allows the Royal Lancaster to connect users of this website domain with the Adwords advertising network and Doubleclick cookie.
Controlling your personal information
Aside from the technical steps you may choose to activate (as described in the previous section: Cookie Types and Their Function) to limit the amount of information you share when browsing our website pages, you may additionally restrict the degree to which the personal information you submit to the Royal Lancaster may be re-used, in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the checkbox that will exclude the request from being included in future marketing activities by the hotel. Checking this box will over-ride any preferences that the form may have requested (for example joining the newsletter). The Royal Lancaster will only keep your information as long as necessary to ensure that your request is attended to.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and wish to revoke this consent you may change do so by writing or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think will be of interest to you.
- You may request us to provide the details of any personal information which we hold on file according to the Data Protection Act 1998.
- If you believe that any information we possess is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Note for children
Children who are under age (minors) should not send any information either about themselves or of their friends, and should not register for any of our on-line services, or make requests for further information using the contact forms on the Royal Lancaster website. If we are made aware of any attempt to register a child’s details on our website we will delete this information immediately.
Note for parents
Links to other websites
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Royal Lancaster and while we do endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to visit to other websites which are not under the control of the Royal Lancaster. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Royal Lancaster takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
For more information, please contact:
The Marketing Department
Royal Lancaster London
London, W2 2TY
T. +44 (0) 20 7551 6000
This website and its content is copyright of The Lancaster Landmark Hotel Company Ltd. Registered in England No. 2832349. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material. For example, source: royallancaster.com.
- You may not, except with express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
For any clarification on the terms of our copyright please write to:
Royal Lancaster, Lancaster Terrace, London, W12 2TY.